Thursday, October 10, 2013

Love and Let Die - Lexi Blake

Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)Love and Let Die by Lexi Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars and a deep sigh from me

It's hard to say why some books work and others don't, but for me this one just didn't hit the mark.

I wanted more passion and alone time and less of the back story I think. The mix just wasn't quite right, I wanted to be on the edge of my seat, but instead was tempted to scan pages.

Ian waited too long to admit his feelings and Charlie could have done a lot more crawling (on her knees) to win him over faster. The sex scenes were good but nothing new and nothing that stands out other than the anal.

I will read the next one - especially as it's Damon Knight and set (somewhat) in England.
With a bit of luck he'll bump into Jesse Ward!


Oh and just to close the chapter on Miss Blake "forgetting" to send the early copy to Tara as she said she would below - did she forget? Who knows, even her PA didn't say. This copy was bought! Thanks!


PREREVIEW...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, I'M GETTING AN ARC OF IAN'S STORY !!!
... AND IT IS A FUCKING 5 - TRUST ME!

MY ETERNAL THANKS GO TO LEXI BLAKE AND ALSO MY AMAZING FRIEND TARA (SIZZLING PAGES) FOR ASKING LEXI TO MAKE HER FRIEND'S DAY!...

SHE EXPLAINED THAT I WOULD SWIM THE ATLANTIC POND AND BE TARA'S SLAVE BITCH FOR A MONTH!! - WHAT A MATE!
I LOVE HER SOOOO MUCH I'D SHAG HER LOVELY HUBBIE SO THAT SHE CAN READ IN PEACE! CAN'T SAY FAIRER THAN THAT? ! LOL LOVE U T!

View all my reviews