Monday, October 27, 2014

ARC REVIEW: Miss Congeniality by Marie Garner



When this one was offered to 
our blog I all but screamed


That blurb called me hard!!
(I must be going soft!)


I mean,  you know me,
I'm all about the dark and taboo,
 the suspense filled and kinkier reads!!.. 

But...!
I  quite enjoyed the simple, soft 
sway of this romantic angst free story. 

There's plenty of terrific sweet moments and I did love, that they were in love!


Miss Congeniality is one of those 
perfect HEA romances that warms 
your heart, has a good story 
and is spiced up with lots of
 hot sex scenes (eek... if slightly repetitive)... 


 So why not 5 stars...?

I've got to be honest (but this is just my opinion)

I'm knocking a bit off for the crazy POV mix that 
persisted throughout the book, the constant changes between 1st and 3rd person drove me nuts! 

But that's on me, it may not bother anyone else.


Also, I’d have loved Lance to have been 
even more of a bossy Alpha male. 
At times he made me roll my eyes in annoyance!



 I felt it was a bit too long for what it was,

  the book slowed to a meander in places. 

(about 20% was unnecessary IMO) 



However,  overall the story worked and I think 

it’ll be a big hit for fans of Marie Garner.





No comments :

Post a Comment