Sunday, August 2, 2015

PRIEST by Sierra Simone






A beautifully written, thought provoking book that 
I'm going to lay it all out on the line for!

From the moment I read these words 


~ choose love above all else ~

the book changed for me and I was gripped. It was quite profound, like a truth I'd always known but never said. I desperately wanted Tyler to do that. I knew that he loved Poppy, that they loved each other, but in my mind I pleaded from that moment on for him 
to choose her, above all else, choose love


What if I could trade vengeance for love? That was what Christians were called to do, after all, choose love above all else.
Love.
The word was a bomb. An unexploded bomb living inside my chest. 

I wasn't sure if he would or where the story would go but with tears in my eyes every bone in me kept thinking 'God he just MUST!!' 
Almost with an angry caveat of
'I FUCKIN' DARE HIM NOT TO!!!'

“I could never hate you.” 
“Really? 
Even if I made you choose between me and your god?” 

It's such an intense book that I knew 
that I would have a seriously bad tantrum if he didn't.
With quotes like this:
“I want you so badly that I can taste blood when I think about it. But I won’t be the reason you lose your life”  

Agghhhh!! My Kindle was in mortal danger!!! 


 I'm not religious, so for me it's incomprehensible that one could choose the love of any religion over the love of their person - their soul mate. Ughhh, it was intense!! So although this book ran from intensely dull (I'm sorry but that's how I felt about the very religious bits - I didn't get them, I completely respect that others do though - that ignorance is entirely on me) to intensely hot and also had parts that angered me, but I seriously want to FEEL what I read so 
it was one heck of an experience. 
I was overwhelmed by this story, I had to finish it compulsively because (for fuck sake!!!) 
ABOVE ALL ELSE CHOOSE LOVE!!!

She wants a full life, I told God silently. She wanted a life with marriage and kids, a life where love could be just as present as work and family and friends, a life where she didn’t have to hide. And who could blame her? What am I supposed to do? God didn’t answer.

It definitely helped that the book is amazingly 
written - I felt it HARD. The deliciously hot, 
seriously dirty scenes between Poppy and Tyler 
(with that forbidden taboo twist of him being a priest) left me breathless. His dirty mouth, his huge cock, 
his powerful body and his need to be rough, hard, dominant and filthy to the core with her - matched only by her absolute need, want and desperation for all of the above left me in jaw dropping awe. 
A superbly written, intense, 
controversial but beautiful read.






No comments :

Post a Comment