Thursday, May 28, 2015

ARC Review: Hypnotized by Georgia Le Carre






Poss 3.75 for me - see review!


Not much beats a Georgia Le Carre read!
She writes smart smut that I love to devour.

 It's always so much more than a simple romance. For women that need a bit more to think about in their erotica than just the erotic bits, she's the perfect author! I spend a fair portion of each of her books googling the detail and content of them! I always learn something new and I love that. 



Hypnotized is a standalone, darkly fascinating story set in London. It tells the tale of Lady Olivia Swanson who's lost her memory and Dr Marlow Kane the Neurologist turned Hypnotist that heals herThere is an abuse element in
the story told through Olivia's thoughts and Marlow's hypnosis of her, but none of it is crass or overwhelming. Georgia oozes class into her work so it's never going to be nasty.


And as always with a GLC when it gets hot... 




...it gets 
scorching!
Oh yes!!

I'm reviewing at a 3.75 to a 4 because it does have a melancholic feel (Particularly in the the first half) that I personally don't ever thrive on. I can appreciate a story with melancholy, but I never feel a connection with the characters of this kind of read (when there's gloom involved) even dark erotica isn't necessarily gloomy - for me, funny erotica will win out every time.

Cue my Blind Obsession by Elle Frank review/thoughts... 


A brilliant author but Ughhh two years on and I'm still not over how depressing that book was for me!! 

I found in this story that I was much more fascinated by Marlow's history than Olivia's. Not quite sure that that was the plan for this book but the letters from his wife were so bitter and shocking, so twisted that it felt like the ultimate revenge and I wanted to explore that more. You have to get all the way to the HEA ending to understand his history fully - making this a worthwhile read that I hope you'll give a chance to.




Loved the joke again Georgia! I've repeated it a dozen times to friends! LOL who knew bestiality could be so funny! ; )


No comments :

Post a Comment