Thursday, May 14, 2015

Debut Novel~ARC Review: ~ Salvation ~ {Heal Me #1} by Stephanie John




 

It’s hard to believe that this is Stephanie John’s first book! It's a beautifully written contemporary erotic romance. I won't be surprised if we see her at the top of romance bestseller lists in the future. 


 In her debut novel Stephanie brings us the story of 
Nate - the hot, rich, loyal
 but broken (yay! love that!) CEO 
and Kara – his sexy, smart, but damaged 
Finance Director, who’s determined to stay single after a previous relationship ended badly. 
 
Honestly, this had my name written all over it!
I was so happy to see this arc offer, 
 I love office based erotic romance with 
not so perfect characters!

The story’s told from Kara’s POV which worked
 really well and brought us realistic closeness between her and Nate and also Mai her best friend – what a great girl! I’d love to read her story too.
 
Okay, I need to have a little rant! YIPPS!...

It drives me nuts when books are a bit too long for no other reason than to write what's already been done to death - like the Pretty Woman moments in this one... we don’t always need a shopping trip or to
 know that penthouses are 'the best'!! 
And I’d rather have a couple less sex scenes in a 
book than somewhat repetitive one's. 
(They had so many, that it seemed at one point 
 like they'd never get off each other!!!)

A few less (that are breathtaking) will leave me in awe, a few too many and I get bored UNLESS each scene is completely unrivaled - and that's very rare!
Anyway, that’s my half star off and my rant over!




 And not to say that this isn't paced well, 
because it flew by for me, it’s very hot, 
sexy and readable.

All in all, it’s a terrific story, with plenty of great banter between the characters (loved!), plenty of story to get your teeth into and (to be fair) plenty of sex to curl your toes through 


if that's 
what you're looking for!




There is a cliffhanger at the end of this one - but it isn't major so I'm looking forward to book 2 to sort that out and give me my HEA! 

LOVE that it's a duet too, 
there aren't enough of those around. 





Thanks so much for offering us your debut novel Stephanie!


2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review Cariad. The GIF's as always are perfect! Look forward to the next one when I get the conclusion to Nate & Kara's story out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in awe of you writing this as your first book! Amazing! Thanks very much for the opportunity to read for you :)
      Hint hint lol.... I'll be available in the Autumn for book 2 ;) Sqeeeeee can't wait!!

      Delete